Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas and and art sale


Merry Christmas! :)
I took this picture in an effort to convey the true meaning of Christmas, and I'm so pleased with how it turned out.
For anyone interested, you can order a print of it! In fact, I'm having my first ever art sale, with my paintings and a station to order prints of my photographs, next Wednesday from 3 - 6:30pm. The more people who show up, the better! It's just at my house, and you can get my address from my photography page on Facebook... Katie Carson Photography Facebook Page. While you're at it, whether or not the art sale is something you plan on attending, y'all should like my page. ;)
Christmas is such a wonderfully inspiring time of year. The joy and the love that surrounds this holiday season is unlike anything else. And whether or not certain things are "politically correct" to say, I will always say "Merry Christmas" rather than "happy holidays." I'm not forcing my religion on anyone, I'm just wishing them a Merry Christmas. If they choose not to celebrate, that's up to them, but it won't stop me from celebrating the Savior's birth all that I can! :)
The lights on houses, the scarves and gloves and coats, the snow (PLEASE SNOW), and the treats are all a lovely part of this time of year - I love them so much! - but far more special to me is the opportunity to celebrate Jesus Christ's birthday. Why would I not want to celebrate the birthday of the only perfect man to ever walk this earth? Plus, he is our big brother. Last I checked it's totally fine to talk about our brother's birthday, even if other people choose not to celebrate it. Just a thought.
Merry Christmas one and all! I hope your holidays are full of joy and love and light. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment